Areas Affected: Central Siskiyou County Including Shasta Valley; Modoc County Except for the Surprise Valley; Shasta-Trinity National Forest in Siskiyou County; Siskiyou County from the Cascade Mountains East and South to Mt Shasta; Western Klamath National Forest
...Gusty wind and low relative humidity expected once again in the
Illinois Valley and Rural portions of the Coastal Range this
...Isolated to scattered thunderstorms possible Sunday...
.Continued hot temperatures will combine with colder air moving in
the upper atmosphere to bring isolated to scattered thunderstorms
to the region Sunday. The greatest coverage of lightning strikes
will be from the Mt. Shasta area to the east and northeast, but
with extremely dry fuels from the Cascades westward the
probability of strikes causing quickly growing ignitions is very
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING ON DRY FUELS FOR
FIRE WEATHER ZONES 280...281...282...284...285...621...622...623...
624 AND 625...
* Impacts: Lightning on very dry fuels could produce numerous new starts that pose a threat to life and property, and may overwhelm initial attack capabilities.
* Affected area: In Northern CA Fire Zones...280...281...282...284...285. In South Central OR Fire Zones...Southern 624...Southern 625. In Southwest OR Fire Zones...621...Southern 622...Southern 623.
* Counties affected: In Northern CA...Modoc...Siskiyou. In South Central OR...Harney...Southern Klamath...Southern Lake. In Southwest OR...Southern Jackson...Josephine.
* Thunderstorms: Will start to develop late morning in Northern California, with the strongest and most widespread development late afternoon into early evening. Thunderstorms that develop earlier will be mostly dry.
* Humidity: As low as 14 percent.
* View the hazard area in detail at https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/map/?wfo=mfr Precautionary/preparedness actions...
* A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible Red Flag Warnings.
* One less spark, one less wildfire